15 things fasting does to your mind and body
Is fasting healthy?
It is, and fasting also has numerous positive impacts on your mind and body. Check out these 15 fasting benefits to your overall health.
- Prevents health problems such as high cholesterol, heart disease and obesity.
- The digestive system can rest and the body can concentrate on removing toxins.
- Fasting helps to release brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which is known to protect brain cells and minimize depression, and anxiety.
- It’s a great way to start ditching bad habits such as smoking and the over consumption of sugary foods.
- Natural detox.
- Your metabolism becomes more efficient.
- Reduces the chances of developing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Restores insulin sensitivity and nutrient partitioning.
- Increases lifespan.
- Reduces gastric acidity.
- Aid in cancer prevention and increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy.
- Treats Rheumatoid Arthritis; a medical condition that causes inflammation of flexible joints, surrounding organs and tissues.
- Promotes the healing process in the body.
- Enhances collagen production and acne treatment.